Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs
Yes, you can make scrambled eggs in an air fryer! These air fryer scrambled eggs are easy, delicious, and highly customizable—add your favorite mix-ins and toppings, then dig in.
If you know how to make scrambled eggs in a skillet, then you can make these air fryer scrambled eggs. Just like our microwave scrambled eggs and Instant Pot scrambled eggs, they are ridiculously easy—and they give you a new way to put your air fryer to use!
About this air fryer scrambled eggs recipe
Of course, you can’t exactly dump a bunch of eggs into your air fryer basket—that would be a mess! So instead, you’ll need a small dish or pan that fits into your air fryer.
The size of the dish or pan you use depends on the size and shape of your air fryer. Keep in mind, too, that if you have one of the smaller models, you may need to scale down the recipe and make two scrambled eggs at a time rather than four, adjusting the time accordingly.
Just like with your standard scrambled eggs, there’s lots of room for customizing these air fryer scrambled eggs! Cook them with herbs, spices, or cheese, or top them with your favorite hot sauce for some fiery flavor.
What you need
- Eggs – Using 2 per person is standard.
- Butter – Unsalted or salted butter is fine, but you may want to use a touch less salt if your butter is salted.
- Salt – Any kind you like or have on hand!
- Pepper – This is optional, but we love freshly cracked pepper in scrambled eggs.
- Milk – Again, any kind you like or have on hand—or simply omit it. You’ll get the creamiest scrambled eggs with whole milk.
Optional Add-Ins: Shredded cheese, chives, onion, ham, crumbled bacon, spinach, asparagus
How to cook eggs in an air fryer
Prepare. Find a small pan or dish that will fit in your air fryer. Melt the butter in the microwave, then pour it into the pan.
Mix the eggs. Whisk the eggs, salt, and pepper and pour the mixture into the buttered pan.
Tip: If you’re using milk, add it when beating the eggs.
Cook. Set the pan in the air fryer basket and cook at 300ºF for 4 minutes. Stir the eggs and cook for an additional 4 minutes, or until the eggs are set but still slightly wet.
Tip: The eggs are best when they still look wet. They will continue to cook a little even when removed. Remove them immediately, as the air fryer will remain hot and continue drying out the eggs.
You can use any grade or type of egg to make scrambled eggs—it makes no difference when it comes to this recipe!
You don’t have to add milk to scrambled eggs. If you do, you’ll end up with eggs that have a creamier texture, so it all comes down to your preferences. Another option is to add water, which will also help make your eggs fluffier.
When choosing a pan for this recipe, make sure you pick one that can be used in the oven. Any oven-proof pan will also be safe to use in an air fryer.
How to make these air fryer scrambled eggs your own
Here are some variations to try when making your air fryer scrambled eggs!
- Make them in ramekins. For individual portions, crack two eggs into each oven-proof ramekin; whisk with the salt and pepper, then air fry as directed.
- Add cheese. If you like your scrambled eggs cheesy, sprinkle cheese into the eggs after the first four minutes of cooking.
- Top them. Add your favorite hot sauce, everything bagel seasoning, fresh herbs, flavored salts, or anything else you like on your scrambled eggs!
Store any leftover air fryer scrambled eggs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Reheat air fryer scrambled eggs in the microwave in 20-second intervals until they’re warmed through.
More easy egg recipes
- How to Make a Sunny-Side Up Egg
- Easy Eggs Benedict with Blender Hollandaise
- How To Make Over Medium Eggs
Get the Recipe: Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs Recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoons butter (use up to 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- small pinch pepper (optional)
- 2 tablespoons milk (optional)
- Optional add-Ins: 1/4 cup shredded cheese, 1 teaspoon chopped chives, 2 tablespoons chopped onion, 1/4 cup chopped ham or cooked and crumbled bacon, 1/4 cup spinach or diced asparagus
- Use a small pan or dish that will fit in the air fryer. Melt the butter in the microwave and pour into the pan.
- Whisk the eggs, salt and pepper and pour into the buttered pan.
- Place pan in the basket of the air fryer and cook at 300ºF for 4 minutes. Stir the eggs and air fry for another 4 minutes. Check for doneness.
- The eggs are best when they still look wet. They will continue to cook a little even when removed. Stir well and serve immediately.
- Store any leftover air fryer scrambled eggs in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Reheat air fryer scrambled eggs in the microwave in 20-second intervals until they’re warmed through.