Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix Cookies
Pancake mix cookies combine the very best qualities of fluffy pancakes and delicious chocolate chip cookies. The result is a light and airy cookie that couldn’t be simpler…or tastier!
If you love the ease of a pancake mix, you’ll love what a pancake mix can do for your cookie baking!
Pancake mix cookies are easy to make and so delicious. You just add water, cinnamon, and a few other standby ingredients to your pancake mix and there you have it: amazing cookies, fresh from your oven.
One of the biggest benefits of pancake mix cookies, besides how quickly you can get them in the oven, is that the flour and leavening agents are pre-mixed, so you don’t need to measure your flour and baking soda or powder. If you’ve ever had cookies bake into a puffy “cloud cookie” or refuse to rise at all (who hasn’t?), then this recipe is the answer to any and all leavening woes.
Sweet and tender on the inside, with just the right amount of bite, these chocolate chip cookies are a fan favorite every time. The buttermilk pancake mix adds flavor and texture, which is perfectly complemented by the warm cinnamon and brown sugar notes. A splash of vanilla really makes those chocolate chips pop.
The pancake mix texture keeps the cookies light, while the brown sugar hints at pancake and molasses flavors without overwhelming the chocolate chip cookie vibes. The result is a perfect cookie, every time.
The next time you need a foolproof quick chocolate chip cookie recipe, this is it! It’s a cookie recipe that just works, every time.
What you need
- Dry ingredients: You’ll need pancake mix (like Krusteaz buttermilk pancake mix or your favorite variety), cinnamon, and chocolate chips.
- Wet ingredients: You probably have all the ingredients on hand! You’ll need eggs, brown sugar (make sure to pack it into the measuring spoon), butter (unsalted), vanilla extract (highlights the chocolate), maple syrup (real, not the fake stuff!), and milk (dairy or nondairy will work in this recipe).
How to make them
Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat. In a large mixing bowl, with a hand mixer cream eggs, sugar, maple syrup, butter, vanilla extract.
In a medium bowl, whisk together pancake mix, cinnamon, chocolate chips.
Add half of the flour mixture to the egg mixture, whisk to combine, add milk and finish with flour mixture. Do not over mix.
Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the dough into balls and place them on the cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
Bake in a preheated oven, 13-15 minutes or until golden.
- There are so many amazing pancake mixes out there, so don’t be afraid to make a few different batches to try them out! Kodiak brand mixes are popular for their added protein, and Birch Benders offers a paleo mix. And don’t discount the classic Bisquick mix (or homemade Bisquick!) — it’s a balanced, tasty classic for a reason! We also love a good homemade mix! Try our traditional pancake mix, keto pancake mix, or gluten-free pancake mix.
- This recipe calls for a cup of chocolate chips, but of course you can mix it up in that cup! Dark chocolate chunks, dried cherries, and walnuts would be a great combination with a buttermilk pancake mix.
- Charcuterie boards, pancake boards, brunch boards…boards are trending! These cookies are the perfect addition to any board you’re building. Try baking up mini cookies so people can sample a few items from your offerings. This fun brunch idea is perfect with a mimosa or a beermosa!
- You can store the dry ingredients pre-mixed in your pantry so you’re ready to make cookies on the fly! You can also gift this recipe to a friend by mixing the dry ingredients and pouring them into an airtight mason jar. Include a recipe card with a list of the wet ingredients and the recipe instructions.
Make Ahead Ideas
You can pre-mix the dry ingredients but combine wet ingredients when you’re ready to bake.
Store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to a week. Freeze leftovers in an airtight bag or container for up to three months.
More sweet treats
Get the Recipe: Chocolate Chip Pancake Mix Cookies
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pancake mix (Krusteaz Buttermilk Pancake mix)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, with a hand mixer cream eggs, sugar, maple syrup, butter, vanilla extract for about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pancake mix, cinnamon, chocolate chips.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the egg mixture, whisk until combine, add milk and finish with flour mixture. Do not over mix.
- Use an ice cream scoop, scoop the dough into a ball and place on prepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 13-15 minutes or until golden.
- Recipe was tested with Krusteaz pancake mix. Other pancake mixes can be substituted but the results may vary.
- This cookie is very light and airy.