Lemon Pancakes – simple perfection!
Bright and fresh, these lemon pancakes are just what you need to start your day with a healthy dose of good vibes.
Lemon pancakes are lightly sweetened and flavored with real lemon juice. They’re everything you’ve ever wanted in a fresh lemon pancake!
These fluffy pancakes are the perfect way to enjoy a warm, sunny morning or to transform a gloomy day into a cheery one. Give them a try today and you’ll be glad you did!
About these lemon pancakes
These pancakes go with everything, from maple syrup to blueberry sauce to lemon glaze! If you like sweet and tart bites together, you’ll love these pancakes topped with honey and fresh cherries. If you’re looking for an afternoon treat, try these pancakes with a little ice cream and lemon curd or lemon whipped cream. You can’t beat it!
This healthy recipe is low in sugar and made with wholesome real ingredients like eggs, flour, and grated lemon zest. If you have whole wheat flour on hand, you can increase the protein and add a hearty, nuttier flavor to your lemon pancakes.
Lemon pancakes are a taste of sunshine on a plate. Whip up a batch the next time you’re looking to brighten your day and your tastebuds. And don’t be surprised if you’re left with a sunny disposition all day long.
What you need
This is a really doable recipe; you might already have all the ingredients on hand! As always, scroll down for a full, printable recipe.
- Dry Ingredients: Flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt
- Wet Ingredients: Milk, eggs, vanilla, melted butter, lemon juice, lemon zest
How to make it
Preheat griddle to medium heat. In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, vanilla, and melted butter.
Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix lightly. Fold in lemon zest, but don’t overmix the batter (it will make your pancakes tough). It will bubble up and get somewhat fluffy, don’t worry, and don’t be tempted to stir out the bubbles.
Add batter to hot griddle by 1/4 cupfuls. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until bubbles appear and don’t pop.
Flip and cook for 2-4 more minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
How to make them your own
- These pancakes are extremely versatile. Try them with lemon cream cheese glaze, sweet cherries, a fresh fruit chutney, blueberry sauce, or strawberry sauce.
- For a beautiful presentation, layer the pancakes with vanilla whipped cream and sprinkle with powdered sugar. Top with a spoonful of red berries for contrast.
Allow leftover pancakes to cool and then store in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Pancakes can be reheated on a griddle over medium-low heat, in the microwave for 20-30 seconds, or in a toaster or toaster oven.
More lemony recipes
- Lemon Blueberry Ricotta Pancakes
- Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes
- Lemon Pancake Mix Donuts
- Lemon Dutch Baby with Lemon Curd and Blueberries
Get the Recipe: Lemon Pancakes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest, from 1 lemon
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice, from 2 lemons
- Preheat griddle to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together milk, lemon zest, eggs, vanilla, butter. Add to dry ingredients, mix lightly. Fold in lemon juice. Mixture will bubble up and get somewhat fluffy. Do not overstir.
- Drop batter by ¼ cupfuls onto hot griddle.
- Cook 3-4 minutes or until bubbles appear on top and don’t pop. Flip, and cook 3-4 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes 20-24 pancakes, depending on size.