Funfetti Sheet Pan Pancakes
This special funfetti sheet pan pancake literally bakes itself, meaning you’ll have extra time for extra fun!
Funfetti sheet pan pancakes are a celebratory twist on birthday cake and pancakes. Perfect for a brunch, a birthday party, or just any day that ends in “D-A-Y”, you’ll love these colorful, flavorful pancakes.
Whether you enjoy this dish first thing in the morning or as part of breakfast-for-dinner, a funfetti sheet pan pancake is easy to make and easy to enjoy.
About this Funfetti Sheet Pan Pancake
Filled with confetti sprinkles and warm vanilla flavor, a funfetti sheet pan pancake is the perfect way to celebrate any special occasion or to make Monday just a little more fun.
Let’s be honest: as adults, we do not have nearly enough sprinkles in our lives. This fun one-pan pancake celebration brings it all: full flavor, lots of sprinkles, and a guaranteed easy and delicious meal. The added buttermilk ensures a thick, fluffy, tender pancake every time and the vanilla extract offers just the right amount of birthday cake flavor.
So enjoy the good times and leave the cooking to your oven. This funfetti sheet pan pancake will be ready when you are!
What you need
As always, scroll down to find the printable recipe and measurements.
- Wet Ingredients: Unsalted butter (melt it!), buttermilk, egg, and pure vanilla extract.
- Dry Ingredients: Granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Make it fun! You’ll add lots of jimmie style sprinkles – you’ll put them in the batter and on top!
How to make it
Preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a 9×13 sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add melted butter to a mixing bowl and slowly whisk in buttermilk. Mixture will become slightly thick.
Whisk in beaten egg, sugar, and vanilla extract until well combined.
On top of wet ingredients, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Toss together gently before stirring all ingredients together until just combined.
Gently fold in 2 tablespoons of sprinkles. Don’t overmix or they may bleed their color.
Spread into prepared sheet pan in an even layer. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sprinkles.
Bake for 12 minutes or until set in the middle. Cut into squares and serve with desired toppings.
How to make these fun pancakes your own
- These sheet pan pancakes are a great way to feed a crowd (or a family who eats like a crowd!). If people prefer different toppings, you can divide the cake in half or in quarters and sprinkle different toppings on different sections. For example, you can add a fruit or chocolate sauce to one half, and add sliced bananas and honey to the other half.
- This cake looks great topped with candles for a birthday party! Everyone loves breakfast for dinner or brinner for a party, so this is a great way to keep a birthday breakfast theme.
- You can make a tiered cake by cutting circles from the sheet pan. Make each circle smaller than the one under it and use frosting between the layers for a birthday cake look.
- Making a birthday breakfast? How about making mini tiered cakes for everyone? Use three drinking glasses (of different sizes) to cut circles and layer them with the widest circle on the bottom and the smallest one on top. Drizzle your cake with syrup for an unforgettable birthday breakfast!
- You can add specially-shaped sprinkles, mini chocolate chips, blueberries, or other fun ingredients to your sheet pan pancakes too.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. You can also freeze these pancakes for 1-2 months, but the texutre may change slightly and they become slightly crumbly.
Reheat in microwave for 20-25 seconds or until warm.
More sheet pan pancake recipes
- Buttermilk Sheet Pan Pancakes – you can add all different things to the top of these!
- Bacon Cheddar Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Ham and Pineapple Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Pumpkin Sheet Pan Pancakes
Get the Recipe: Funfetti Sheet Pan Pancake
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg beaten
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons jimmie style sprinkles divided
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a 9×13 sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add melted butter to a mixing bowl and slowly whisk in buttermilk. Mixture will become slightly thick. Whisk in beaten egg, sugar, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- On top of wet ingredients, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Toss together gently before stirring all ingredients together until just combined.
- Gently fold in 2 tablespoons of sprinkles. Don’t overmix or they may bleed their color.
- Spread into prepared sheet pan in an even layer. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon sprinkles.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until set in the middle. Cut into squares and serve with desired toppings.