Pumpkin Sheet Pan Pancakes with Cinnamon Butter Drizzle
The cooler weather has us ready for pumpkin everything. Made with pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice, these oven-baked pumpkin sheet pan pancakes are a breakfast game-changer!
The return of fall and winter weather means the return of pumpkin goodies, and these pumpkin pancakes are the ultimate modern comfort food.
PS: Speaking of fall and winter flavors, have you tried these gingerbread donuts? The maple glaze on those would also be amazing on these pancakes!
These healthy pumpkin sheet pan pancakes use real pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice (a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger) to deliver all the flavors of fall right to your plate at home.
Oven-baked pancakes are a simple breakfast solution, and when you use a sheet pan, it’s super easy to feed a hungry crowd.
About these pumpkin sheet pan pancakes
Traditional pancakes and pumpkin pie come together in these outrageously delicious sheet pan pancakes. They bake in the oven, making them a great no-fuss breakfast pancake recipe, and they are also substantial enough for a brunch or a dessert.
Topped with a cinnamon butter drizzle, these pancakes eat like a dessert, but are packed with wholesome ingredients like eggs, pumpkin puree, and your choice of flour.
You could also top these with maple cinnamon butter!
Each bite tastes like it’s straight from the bakery, and your home will smell like you’ve been baking pumpkin pies all day. Double win!
Whip up a batch of these and wow your household. No flipping required! But if you like flipping, try our traditional fluffy pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes or pumpkin pecan pancakes. And what better to wash them down with than a pumpkin spice latte?
What you need
For the pancakes:
- dark brown sugar
- baking powder
- kosher sea salt
- pumpkin pie spice
- vegetable oil
- apple cider vinegar
- pumpkin puree
- vanilla extract
For the Cinnamon butter drizzle:
- Melted unsalted butter
- ground cinnamon
- dark brown sugar
How to make sheet pan pancakes
Spray sheet pan with cooking spray and lining the bottom with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
Whisk dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Set aside.
Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
Combine dry and wet ingredients.
Pour batter into prepared sheet pan.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown!
While the pancakes are baking, prepare cinnamon butter drizzle by combining all ingredients in a small bowl.
How to make these pumpkin sheet pan pancakes your own
- If you are looking to get creative, you can use cookie cutters to make fun pancake shapes.
- Looking for an easy pumpkin dessert? Add a handful of chocolate chips and top with an easy cream cheese, buttercream, or vanilla frosting. Sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon for color or white sparkling sugar for a little texture.
- Top with chopped pecans or slivered almonds to add crunch to every bite.
- You can bake this batter in round cakes and layer with frosting like a traditional cake. Pumpkin layer cake? Yes please!
- This recipe calls for all-purpose flour, but you can use your favorite flour for baking, such as whole wheat or almond flour.
Store any left-over pancake squares in a zip top baggie in the refrigerator. They will keep in the fridge for a few days. You can even freeze these for easy mornings!
You can reheat these pancakes with just a few seconds in the microwave. Place on plate and warm for 15 seconds at a time until desired temperature.
Yes! Definitely. The milk and apple cider vinegar work together to create a buttermilk flavor and texture!
Yes! You can cut this recipe in half to make just one sheet pan worth of pancakes. Or you can consume one pan and freeze the other for next time!
More sheet pan recipes
- Bacon Jalapeno Cheddar Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Ham and Pineapple Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Sheet Pan Breakfast Hash
- Buttermilk Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Funfetti Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Oreo Sheet Pan Pancakes
Get the Recipe: pumpkin sheet pan pancakes
- 4 cups all-purpose flour sifted
- 6 tablespoons dark brown sugar packed
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3 ½ cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cinnamon butter drizzle:
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar packed
- Prepare sheet pan by spraying with cooking spray and lining the bottom with parchment paper for easy removal. Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix together wet ingredients.
- Combine dry and we ingredients.
- Pour batter into prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Keep a close eye on the sheet pan as oven times can vary. You will know that the pancakes are done when they appear dry and golden brown in color.
- While the pancakes are baking, prepare cinnamon butter drizzle by combining all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cut pancake 12 squares in each sheet pan, serve then drizzle with cinnamon butter.
- Store any left-over pancake squares in a zip top baggie in the refrigerator. They will keep in the fridge for a few days. You can even freeze these for easy mornings!
- You can reheat these pancakes with just a few seconds in the microwave. Place on plate and warm for 15 seconds at a time until desired temperature.