Ham and Pineapple Sheet Pan Pancakes
This tropical take on pancakes will give you all the vacation feels. Ham and Pineapple sheet pan pancakes are fun, delicious, and ridiculously easy to make.
Tender ham and juicy pineapple are a match made in heaven, and you’ll love how the sugars caramelize and balance the salty ham in this easy hawaiian pancake recipe.
Ham and pineapple sheet pan pancake squares are easy to take with you as you head out the door in the morning, and they’re also hearty enough for lunch and dinner.
- 1 About this ham and pineapple sheet pan pancake
- 2 What’s in a ham and pineapple sheet pan pancake
- 3 How to make sheet pan pancakes
- 4 How to make this Hawaiian sheet pan pancake your own:
- 5 Make Ahead Ideas
- 6 Storage Suggestions
- 7 Reheating Tips
- 8 More sheet pan pancakes recipes
- 9 Get the Recipe: Ham and Pineapple Sheet Pan Pancakes
About this ham and pineapple sheet pan pancake
Perhaps most famously found atop pizza, ham and pineapple are a classic pairing thanks to the delicious combination of sweet and salty.
But why should pizza have all the fun?
Hawaiian pancakes deliver all the big flavors of ham and pineapple along with a classic pancake texture for savory-sweet cake squares that travel as easily as any breakfast bar, but can also be enjoyed at home with a generous pour of maple syrup.
Even if you can’t make your way to a tropical location, you can enjoy the flavors of vacation right from home with this easy sheet pan recipe.
What’s in a ham and pineapple sheet pan pancake
- pineapple chunks, roughly chopped if desired
- diced ham
- pineapple juice
- baking powder
- vanilla extract
- vegetable oil
How to make sheet pan pancakes
Preheat oven to 400ºF and whisk sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl.
Whisk in milk, pineapple juice, and oil.
Add in flour and baking powder and combine. Don’t overmix!
Pour into a lightly sprayed 9×13 cookie/baking sheet and top with pineapple and ham.
Bake for 18-22 minutes and enjoy!
How to make this Hawaiian sheet pan pancake your own:
- You can make this recipe with any cooked breakfast meat you have on hand. For example, you can add a handful of cooked, crumbled bacon or sausage with your ham, or you can skip the ham and use a breakfast meat of your choice instead.
- Because you add the pineapple and ham on top (and night right into the batter), you can decide how much to add. This makes it really easy to customize these sheet pan pancakes by adding more or fewer toppings to one half, etc.
- If you want to cut some of the sugar, you can reduce the amount of granulated sugar by about half, and use a lower-sugar ham.
- If you want to sweeten this recipe, use a honey ham and add a maple syrup or glaze on top and serve with more fresh pineapple.
Make Ahead Ideas
This recipe comes together in only 10 minutes, but you can also do some recipe prep the night before to get these pancakes into the oven really quickly in the morning. Simply combine the dry ingredients the night before and set aside, and then chop your ham and pineapple and set in the fridge the night before.
Store leftover pancakes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
To reheat, place pancake squares in the oven at 350 until heated through (should only take about 5 minutes!) or reheat on a pan on the stovetop. If you don’t mind sacrificing the texture a bit, you can reheat leftovers in the microwave, checking every 10-15 seconds.
More sheet pan pancakes recipes
Get the Recipe: Ham and Pineapple Sheet Pan Pancakes
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4-1/2 cup pineapple chunks roughly chopped if desired
- 1/4-1/2 cup diced ham
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- In a large bowl, whisk sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Add in milk, pineapple juice, and oil. Whisk until well combined.
- Add in flour and baking powder and stir to combine, do not over-mix.
- Once batter is mixed, pour into a lightly sprayed 9×13 cookie/baking sheet. Evenly top with pineapple and ham chunks using the desired amount of toppings.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until it begins to turn golden brown on top.
- Feel free to increase toppings if desired.