Pumpkin Monkey Bread Muffins made with Cinnamon Rolls
Quick and easy pumpkin monkey bread is where pumpkin pie meets muffins meets cinnamon rolls in a scrumptious combination of soft ooey gooey goodness. Go ahead, you deserve it!
About these pumpkin monkey bread muffins
This will be a recipe you look forward to as soon as the leaves start to change color and the kids head back to school. It’s ridiculously easy to make and one of those indulgent desserts or breakfasts that can be made in a pinch and eaten just as fast!
A warm, moist, and fluffy pull-apart muffin with mouthwatering flavors and aromas are only enhanced by the fact that this recipe uses only 5 ingredients and is ready in under 30 minutes. Sweeten up your weekend with a little fun baking with the kids. During the week have them ready just in time for an after-school snack! Switch up the normal pumpkin pancakes with this fun breakfast!
When you take three classics and combine them into one, you’re in for a game-changing taste experience. The classic pumpkin spice flavor combined with the cinnamon from the rolls is perfect for fall. The moisture from the pumpkin puree baked together with the rolls in a muffin tin makes this one of the best quick desserts you’ll ever eat.
Whomever you’re sharing them with, be sure to keep at least one for yourself and enjoy every single bite!
What’s in this cinnamon roll pumpkin monkey bread muffin recipe?
There are only 5 ingredients! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Tube of refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- Canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- Brown sugar
- Unsalted butter, melted
- Pumpkin pie spice
How to make these monkey bread muffins
Preheat oven and line 8 standard muffin cups with paper liners.
Cut each cinnamon roll into quarters. This is easiest to do with scissors but can also be done with a knife.
In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, brown sugar, melted butter, and pumpkin pie spice until it is well combined and no lumps of brown sugar remain.
Add the cinnamon roll quarters to the bowl and fold them in gently until the pumpkin mixture evenly coats each piece of cinnamon roll.
Add 4 pieces of the cinnamon roll to each muffin cup. Just place them in the muffin tin, no need to press them together.
Bake until muffins are set and no longer wet. Top with the icing from the cinnamon rolls to end it on a finger-licking sticky high note!
How to make these mini monkey breads your own
- You can use any flavor of refrigerated cinnamon roll. Pumpkin or Cinnabon flavors are delicious.
- Make it in a bundt pan. Skip the muffin tins, double the recipe, and use a bundt pan instead. this will serve a crowd! Keep in mind that bake time will be slightly longer.
- Be sure to try my French toast muffins, too!
Make-Ahead, Storage and Reheating Tips
Because this recipe uses store bought cinnamon rolls, there really aren’t many components to make ahead of time.
You can assemble and bake these completely up to 2 days ahead of time, keep in the fridge and reheat when ready.
Monkey bread is just as awesome the next day. And the day after that! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days and enjoy over and over again. Try reheating it in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds to soften the cinnamon rolls.
You can definitely eat these at room temperature or even cold if that’s your thing. But if you are wanting to eat them warm again, reheat 1 or 2 at a time in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds.
More pumpkin recipes
- Pumpkin Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes
Get the Recipe: Pumpkin Monkey Bread Muffins
- 1 tube (12.4 oz. ) refrigerated cinnamon rolls
- ¼ cup canned 100% pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line 8 standard muffin cups with paper liners.
- Cut each cinnamon roll into quarters. This is easiest to do with scissors but can also be done with a knife.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, brown sugar, melted butter, and pumpkin pie spice until it is well combined and no lumps of brown sugar remain.
- Add the cinnamon roll quarters to the bowl and fold them in gently until the pumpkin mixture evenly coats each piece of cinnamon roll.
- Add 4 pieces of cinnamon roll to each muffin cup. Just place them in the muffin tin; there's no need to press them together.
- Bake the monkey bread in a preheated oven for 20 to 22 minutes, or until the muffins are set and no longer wet on top.
- Top with the icing from the cinnamon rolls, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 days. Reheat 1 or 2 at a time in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds.
- You can use any flavor of cinnamon rolls— the pumpkin or Cinnabon flavors are delicious.