Everything Bagel Breakfast Sliders
Breakfast sliders are a total game changer! Hearty and delicious, these sliders are perfect for game-day, for a take-along dish, or for brunch right at home.
Everyone knows that sliders are the super easy and satisfying way to feed your crew, and breakfast egg sliders are exactly what you need to up your sliders game!
Loaded with ham and scrambled eggs, these sliders are just right for breakfast, brunch, brinner, and every occasion in between.
Looking for more flavor? How about adding bacon and sausage?
On a health kick? Breakfast sliders have you covered! Make ‘em healthy by loading up the veggies. Vegetarian breakfast sliders offer a delicious healthy alternative.
About this recipe
Cheesy scrambled eggs, salty ham, and pure maple syrup inside of sweet Hawaiian rolls are definitely the makings of a dream brunch!
You’ll love how these sliders taste with maple syrup, and they’re equally delicious brushed with honey or a simple honey mustard for a tangy twist.
Don’t skip the everything bagel seasoning!
What’s everything bagel seasoning? Everything bagel seasoning is a delicious blend of sea salt, garlic, poppy seeds, and onion. It used to only be available at specialty grocery stores, but is now widely available. Even Target carries it, so now you have another excuse to make a Target run!
And if you haven’t used Hawwaiin sweet rolls for your sliders, you have been missing out! They’re fluffy, sweet, and melt-in-your mouth delicious.
The next time you’re looking for the perfect one-dish egg recipe, be sure to reach for this one. It’s a winner every time!
What you need
As always, scroll down for the printable recipe!
- Hawaiian Rolls: These soft rolls make the perfect sliders, with just a touch of subtle sweetness!
- Sliced Ham: Bacon would be great here too, or cooked crumbled breakfast sausage.
- Eggs: You’ll be scrambling the eggs before adding them to the sliders.
- Cheese: This recipe calls for a delicious combination of pepper jack and colby jack cheese
- Topping: You’ll top the sliders with melted butter, maple syrup (get the real stuff!), and everything bagel seasoning. It’s the perfect sweet and savory topping!
How to make it
Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with nonstick spray. Use a long serrated knife to slice horizontally through all 12 rolls at once, keeping all the rolls attached. Make the bottom half slightly thicker than the top half. Place bottom half of rolls in prepared baking dish.
Lay the ham over the rolls, then spoon the eggs evenly over the ham.
Layer the pepper jack cheese over the eggs, and spread the shredded cheese over the sliced cheese. Place the tops of the rolls over the cheese.
Combine the butter and maple syrup and brush over the rolls. Sprinkle the everything bagel seasoning over the rolls.
Cover the rolls with foil and place in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the tin foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Remove and serve.
It’s easy to keep sliders warm by covering with foil and setting them in an oven set very low, around 150°F.
The trick to keeping your sliders from getting soggy is to keep the condensation away. If you cover your sliders with foil or a plastic lid after cooking, the condensation will fall back onto your dish. Try covering with a kitchen towel if you need to transport your sliders.
A slider is a mini sandwich on a mini bun! They’re cute and sized just right for snacking or for sampling multiple different sliders.
How to make these sliders your own
- This recipe calls for a blend of pepper jack and colby jack cheeses, but you can use whatever cheese you prefer for an egg dish. Same goes for the ham! You can sub in salami, cooked sausage crumbles, bacon, or whatever other prepared meat you have ready to go.
- To make a vegetarian version, swap the meat out for thinly sliced veggies. Try sautéed veggies, like onions, green peppers, and mushrooms.
- It’s easy to change up the toppings in this dish, because the individual sandwich buns help you to see where each row of sandwiches will end. This means you can make one side spicy and one side sweet, or leave the meat off half, or create whatever variation you have in mind.
- This dish works perfectly on Hawaiian rolls, but if you happen to have a pack of potato rolls or another kind of rolls on hand, you should be able to use them.
While these are best eaten immediately, you can store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days. Freezing these sliders is not recommended.
Reheat in oven at 350°F until warmed through (10-15 minutes), or heat individual sliders in microwave for 20-30 seconds or until warm.
More savory breakfast recipes
Don’t have a sweet tooth in the AM? Here are some ideas for you:
- Sheet Pan Breakfast Hash
- Savory Pancakes with Parmesan and Herbs
- Zucchini Fritters
- Bacon, Jalapeno, Cheddar Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Savory Goat Cheese Waffles with Chives
- Ham and Pineapple Sheet Pan Pancakes
Get the Recipe: Breakfast Sliders
- 1 package Hawaiian rolls
- 1 pound sliced ham leftover or deli
- 8 eggs scrambled and cooked
- 12 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- ¼ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with nonstick spray.
- Use a long serrated knife to slice horizontally through all 12 rolls at once, keeping all the rolls attached. Make the bottom half slightly thicker than the top half. Place bottom half of rolls in prepared baking dish.
- Lay the ham over the rolls, then spoon the eggs evenly over the ham.
- Layer the pepper jack cheese over the eggs, and spread the shredded cheese over the sliced cheese.
- Place the tops of the rolls over the cheese.
- Combine the butter and maple syrup and brush over the rolls.
- Sprinkle the everything bagel seasoning over the rolls.
- Cover the rolls with foil and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tin foil and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve.
- If you can’t find everything bagel seasoning, you can leave it off or add poppy seeds if you want.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days, freezing not recommended.
- This is a great way to use leftover ham, but deli sliced ham is perfect too.
- If desired, instead of scrambled eggs, use over easy fried eggs. They will firm up a bit more in the oven.