S’mores cereal is the stuff childhood dreams are made of! Mini marshmallows and chocolate chips baked between two crunchy Golden Grahams. Grab a bowl and start your day off with a smile!
Crunchy, sweet cereal, with chewy bites of chocolate and marshmallow swimming in a bowl of refreshing cold milk. When the 90’s nostalgia hits and you’re craving a bowl of sugary cereal in front of Saturday morning cartoons, this hits the spot!
About this recipe
S’mores, in case you haven’t had the pleasure, are a traditional campfire treat. They are made by sandwiching a roasted marshmallow and your favorite slab of chocolate between two graham crackers. They’re so gooey and delicious!
So, naturally, it’s a flavor combination that has made its way into everything from cereals and ice cream, to granola bars and even coffee!
This cereal takes the original concept and creates an adorable fun-size mini version, perfect for a bowl of cereal. Equal amounts of crunchy Golden Grahams, a mini marshmallow, and a chocolate chip in every bite!
It’s definitely not meant to be eaten on the regular and should probably be considered a treat. But a fun cereal to have on special occasions? Bring it on!
What you need
- Golden Graham cereal – Readily available in most grocery stores. Will act as the structure that holds the filling in place.
- Mini marshmallows – To make them fit perfectly, cut them in half with a knife.
- Chocolate chips – Milk chocolate if you can.
- Milk – Use whichever milk you enjoy with your cereal for serving.
How to Make It
Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Then carefully lay out pieces of Golden Grahams, textured side down, in a single layer across the parchment paper. Be careful not to touch or overlap the cereal.
Place one chocolate chip on top of each of the Golden Grahams.
Next, add one half of a mini marshmallow on top. Have the cut side of the marshmallow facing down to act as a glue to the chocolate.
The marshmallows can lose their stickiness quickly. Place them on the chocolate chips one row at a time.
Bake in the oven for 3-5 minutes. Then, carefully remove and place the remaining pieces of Golden Grahams on top of the marshmallow to form a tiny little s’more.
If some of the s’mores fall over during baking, simply use the top golden graham to maneuver it back in place.
After the chocolate and marshmallow have cooled and set, pour your mini s’mores into a bowl, add milk, and enjoy!
How to Make this Fun Cereal Your Own
- Double the recipe to make two bowls, or as many s’mores as you’d like to make larger or smaller portions.
- Try cinnamon toast crunch instead for a different flavor.
- Skip the milk completely and enjoy it as a snack on its own or as part of a trail mix movie night.
Once cooled and set this s’mores cereal will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week. If you notice they start to get a little too soft, transfer them to the fridge. They are best eaten within the first few days!
Love marshmallows? Try these recipes:
Get the Recipe: S’mores Cereal
- 144 pieces Golden Grahams cereal
- 36 mini marshmallows halved
- 72 milk chocolate chips
- 1½ cups milk for serving
- Preheat the oven to 300ºF and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Carefully lay out 72 pieces of Golden Grahams, textured side down, in a single layer across the parchment paper, being careful not to touch or overlap the cereal.
- Place one chocolate chip on top of each of the Golden Grahams.
- Place one half of a mini marshmallow on top of each piece of chocolate, with the cut side of the marshmallow down to act as a glue to the chocolate.
- Bake in the oven for 3-5 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the oven, and place the remaining 72 pieces of Golden Grahams on top of the marshmallow to form a s’more.
- After the chocolate and marshmallow have set, pour your mini s’mores into a bowl and add milk.
- This recipe makes one large bowl of cereal (or two smaller bowls), you can double the recipe to make two large bowls, or as many s’mores as you’d like to make larger or smaller portions.
- You can use other cereals like cinnamon toast crunch to make different flavors of the cereal.
- We recommend Guittard chocolate chips because their size is almost the same as the cereal, but any chocolate chip should work.
- Use a knife to cut the mini marshmallows in half.
- The marshmallows can lose their stickiness quickly so I recommend placing them on the chocolate chips one row at a time.
- If some of the s’mores fall over during baking, simply use the top golden graham to maneuver it back in place.