Cookies for breakfast? Yes please! These fun Oreo pancakes are just what you need when you’re craving a breakfast treat.
There’s a new way to enjoy cookies and milk, and you’re going to love it!
These Oreo pancakes are a delightful treat for all the sandwich cookie lovers out there. Made with crushed Oreos cooked right into the pancakes, this cookie pancake recipe is a fun way to eat more cookies!
One bite and you’ll agree that we should definitely be eating more cookies for breakfast.
About these Oreo pancakes
- Oreo + Pancake Perfection: Crushed Oreos are the star of the show, and you’ll love how the chocolate cookies hold their texture while the vanilla frosting melts right into the pancakes. Topped with a little whipped cream and a sprinkle of chopped Oreos, this dish tastes as amazing as it looks.
- Ihop Copycat: These Oreo pancakes will remind you of the “Oreo Oh My Goodness” pancakes at Ihop, and you’ll see that they’re so simple to recreate right in your home kitchen.
- Pancakes for kids & adults: While you might think that Oreo pancakes are for kids, rest assured, their flavors are for everyone, and the black-and-white color palette is surprisingly classy and serves as a great neutral backdrop for bright sauces and sides.
Aside from the Oreos, you likely have all the ingredients you need on hand already. They’re your basic pancake ingredients: egg, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt. Here are some other notes:
- Oil or melted butter – Use whichever you like! Vegetable or canola oil is an easy choice, while melted butter gives a more decadent flavor.
- All-purpose flour – Use a 1:1 gluten-free substitute to make this recipe gluten-free (see note about
- Crushed chocolate sandwich cookies – Obviously Oreo is the most well-known brand, but any brand will work. You could also use gluten-free Oreos (and a 1:1 gluten-free flour) to make this recipe gluten-free.
This nonstick griddle is my favorite for cooking pancakes!
How to make Oreo pancakes
Mix Wet Ingredients: Whisk egg, milk, and oil until well combined.
Add Dry Ingredients: On top of wet ingredients, add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Toss together lightly before stirring into wet ingredients.
Add Cookies: Fold in crushed chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreos).
Cook Pancakes: Cook pancake batter over medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side.
Serve with your favorite toppings! We suggest chocolate sauce, crushed Oreo cookies, and whipped cream. Why not?
Restaurant Style Pancakes
If you’re wondering how to make specialty restaurant pancakes at home, it’s pretty simple: don’t overmix your batter, gently fold in your mix-ins right before cooking, and turn down your heat if your pancakes are not cooking through evenly. That’s it!
- Switch up the cookie flavor: You can use your favorite sandwich cookies–try vanilla flavored Oreos or use holiday seasonal cookies for festive flavors and colors!
- Add toppings: The white-and-black color scheme of these pancakes makes them perfect for events. They look classy on their own, and you can dress them up with different sauces and toppings. Strawberry syrup goes on beautifully for color, or use whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles, and a handful of chopped cookies for a monochromatic look. Chocolate syrup is also perfect with these pancakes.
- Switch up the cookie type: You can try this recipe with other kinds of cookies as well, like Nutter Butters for peanut butter cookie pancakes. Of course we also have a recipe for Nutter Butter pancakes if you love that idea!
- Make them vegan: Did you know Oreos are vegan? You can make these Oreo pancakes vegan by swapping the eggs for flax eggs. Browse all of our vegan breakfast recipes.
Storage & Reheating
Storage: These pancakes are best enjoyed fresh. Once stored in the refrigerator, the cookies will begin to soften. However, you can store them for up to 3 days in the fridge.
To Reheat: Reheat on a pan on the stovetop, in the microwave for 15-20 seconds, or in a toaster oven.
Get the Recipe: Oreo pancakes
- 1 large egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil or melted butter
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup crushed chocolate sandwich cookies such as Oreo (about 8 cookies)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk egg, milk, and oil until well combined.
- On top of wet ingredients, add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Toss together lightly before stirring into wet ingredients. Mix only until just combined, do not overmix.
- Fold in crushed chocolate sandwich cookies (Oreos).
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. If desired, grease with butter, oil, or nonstick cooking spray. Add batter to griddle by about 1/4 cup scoops, spreading to an even layer if needed.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until bubbles appear and pancakes look dry around the edges. Flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Makes about 8 pancakes.
- This is a fairly thick batter, so you may have to turn your heat down to medium-low if they are getting done too quickly on the outside and not cooking through to the middle.
- Double batch pictured in images in this post.